[TriLUG] What would you do?

Dwain Sims via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Nov 18 12:09:14 EST 2017

I have been using Mint for several years on my ancient Toshiba  A665D, and
I have been mostly a happy camper.  My only real issue is that they have
some nasty down rev packages, and upgrading outside of the Mint Garden is
hard.  Case in point is the simpleScan package that comes with 18.1, it is
broken for remote scanning.  Such as I need to do with my Canon all in
one.  I have found a workaround that is super ugly but works.  I am kinda
stalling  until 18.3 is complete and I will try again.

Dwain