[TriLUG] Goodbye Spectrum

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 20 08:56:00 EST 2017

 >They kept raising my
>fees every year and after calling a few months ago they said there was
>no way to lower them (even though for new customers they advertise much
>lower rates, I guess as a long time customer I didn't qualify for them).

This too is my MAJOR irritation. They cater to new customer better than old reliable ones. I am probably a 18 year customer as I did experiment a couple of times without them, and unfortunately for me I have no other reasonable alternative. So I am getting their 100 down 10 up service for $80/month and dropping all other services. Then I too am moving to Sling, and after my test of the Sling streaming, I am VERY pleased. I will save $40-60 per month. Plus, I can increase or decrease my Sling subscription on the fly and save even more if I want too. I can add or drop on a per month basis. Spectrum is way out of touch on how to manage business for this new environment.
The first internet carrier to offer unlimited monthly bandwidth and 100MB service for the same or less will get my business. AT&T or Google, I am just waiting for the chance to drop Spectrum for having such disdain for long term customers. I was flat out told I had to be a new customer to get the lower cost services.
Just waiting...... Let's go Google...

John Vaughters