[TriLUG] Goodbye Spectrum

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Nov 20 09:00:58 EST 2017

This has been my experience too.  The price just keeps going up and up
and up.  I called and they offered to lower it a little bit, but they
simply weren't competitive with North State who has fiber in my
neighborhood (High Point / Triad area).  I have been running their
business class which also adds to the costs dramatically.  A while back
I moved everything over to a Linode and no longer need it.

Perhaps over the winter breaks, I will fully dismantle the rest of the
home network except for a single (dynamic) IP address access point and
tell them to go pound sand for both their TV and Internet.