[TriLUG] OT - cheapest way to keep a phone number?

Keith Merryman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Nov 28 13:48:07 EST 2017

Jeremy,
I've done this with one of my US house phone numbers.  Because it was
a land line it was a bit more complicated, first I ported it to a
throw-away cell phone carrier for $10.  After it was a "cell" number I
made a new, separate from my main, google voice account and ported the
number into gvoice for $20.  Now I've got no monthly fees, and all
calls and texts get automatically forwarded to my "real" number.
~Keith