[TriLUG] Time-Warner (Spectrum) outage tonight

tj via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Jan 3 11:36:10 EST 2018

I am in Raleigh,  earthlink(spectrum) service has out on in situation
recently since last month.
the down  is mostly after 7PM that lasts 3 to 4 hours, and Random
connection issue happens anytime.
I track down the downtime in my linux router/firewall. hmm what  is
spectrum doing ...... seems getting worse than old TWC.

Now interesting part, my kids always streaming from pbkids  using android
apps builtin  in the tv, they are complaining mostly " papa internet is
down!!!", like end of the world.

note:
I am using my own surfboard (white model) cable modem since they (TWC)
started charge modem rental.
I Can not complain at the moment, since I pay $42 total for 50M down/5M up.
this is earthlink grandfather plan without cable tv services.