[TriLUG] OT: remote controlled antenna rotator

John Mitchell via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 15 20:24:42 EST 2018

This is the standard/lowcost/cheap solution, RCA (Radio Shack, Channel
Master) Rotor:  https://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=vh226f
Sold under various brand names, mixed reviews. (I have no personal knowledge
of these units)
Do you have a pre-Amp on the Antenna? If not, the additional gain may bring
in the other stations without rotating.

If there are only two directions that you need you might try two antennas
with a splitter with one cable down to the TV.

The Satnogs group have a diy rotor assy:  https://satnogs.org/

As far as I know, the next step up is a used/rebuilt CDE/Hygain Rotor with
a PC/Arduino driving the controls.
(this is what I am using to receive Ham Radio Satellites, using
Azimuth only)
Controller:  https://github.com/k3ng/k3ng_rotator_controller/wiki

Or using a Stepper motor/belt/gear drive controlled by an Arduino/Pi

john mitchell