[TriLUG] CUPS Printing Issue

Brian Grawburg via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 22 13:01:12 EST 2018

At the museum I work for the Point Of Sale system runs on Debian Stretch (thanks to me) and runs in the browser.

Attached to the system is a receipt printer (Citizen CT-S300) with a Linux driver.

I can print one receipt and then no more UNLESS I turn the printer off, unplugged the USB and turn the printer back on.

HOWEVER.....

If I print from a LibreOffice document (I made a test receipt) it prints as many times as I want.

HOWEVER, again ....

If I attach my HP Photosmart 8050 (also USB) I can print multiple receipts

THEREFORE ....
The issue appears to be with the Citizen driver (.ppd).  Any thoughts out there?

Brian Grawburg
Wilson, NC