[TriLUG] Virus

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 28 10:20:33 EST 2018

There should be a hidden folder .mozilla or similar in you home
directory that will contain a lot of tidbit information that will
persist past a purge and reinstall of firefox.  I changed a computer
from running Arch to Centos and almost all of the browser meta-data
type stuff, bookmarks, history, search, etc persisted through the
nuggets stored in my home folder without any intentional backup and
restore.

It wouldn't surprise me if the malware authors put something in there,
so you may want to search and destroy any items related to firefox in
there.

Remember that they will be somewhat limited in their privilege
capability and this will in turn limit their ability to write files.
 The two places that I can think of that they would have possible
access are your home folder and the /tmp.