[TriLUG] NFS client connections and stats

Ron Kelley via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Feb 28 13:45:39 EST 2018

Thanks for the reply.  After more searching, I found a tool called "nfswatch" which does exactly what I need.  It provides a list of clients connected to an NFS server with the associated details per client.  The other tools listed below are meant to run on NFS clients (kinda odd since you really need this type of data on the server side).

By default, nfswatch spits out a ton of garbage data which makes the terminal go crazy.  Per this url (https://wiki.fysik.dtu.dk/it/NFSwatch), the best way to run it is to redirect stdout to /dev/null.

nfswatch -allif -clients -usage 2>/dev/null

Hope this helps someone.

-Ron