[TriLUG] image-platform problem

mver via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 26 14:01:26 EDT 2018

Dear TriLUG'ers

I have a website, courtesy of Mr. Google, on which I have an image that
works quite well as a background for header text.

The image is at this link:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-sWLw075XJY0/VoEgaHbCi0I/AAAAAAAAAPU/7LORHfuBDK0ZAJxC1b_bZeA0KXMLRfDsQCEwYBhgL/w140-h93-p/GS3513954.jpg

and was inserted on the page with select | enter | etc.    NO PROBLEM.

However, that image link, when pasted into Chrome, appears as a teeny
part of the screen and does not fill the browser window from side to side.

AND, when one attempts to use it in non-laptop platforms (phone and
tablet) the little image pixilates badly.

Any ideas on why it works in the web page site but not the Twitter or
Facebook sites?

And on how to solve the problem, i.e. get the image to behave as it does
on the web site?

Link to the [political] website is:

https://sites.google.com/s/0B03ZCxlTaK_wVEpycDZHMHJzRjQ/p/0B03ZCxlTaK_wdU1xRnRWV3VzeTA/edit

--
Please "trim the tail" from a reply so that messages do not become super long.
Leave only what is required for context.