[TriLUG] image-platform problem

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Mar 26 15:35:36 EDT 2018

mver,

When I examine the image at the link you provided, I see that its size is only
3.7 kB. If one tries to view it larger than that, it is bound to pixilate. No
way around that. If it is used on a full sized web page, you could display it
as tiles if you want to fill-up the screen.

How did I find this info? In most browsers, right-click on the image and
choose View Image Info. In Firefox, click on the General tab and see the title
of the image with "(JPEG Image 140 x 93 pixels)" . . .  size 3.69 kB, which is
approximately the product of 140 x 93. That will pixilate on virtually any
screen if you try to expand it.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com
     NEW Feb, 2018: Pics from a "Tropical Dance Vacation on St. Croix, USVI
         www.bronord.com/pics/stx