[TriLUG] OT: need a Socket 1151 CPU to test some motherboards

Joseph S. Tate via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Apr 14 21:40:36 EDT 2018

A friend bought an Intel CPU and mobo to create a new machine, but the
combo didn't post. In seating/reseating the CPU the pins on the socket
were damaged, so another was acquired. It didn't post either (with the
first CPU). In order for Intel to RMA, we need to test the motherboard
with a CPU successfully. Anyone have one on a bench somewhere we can
borrow for a few minutes? We can come to you. Alternatively, we can
test our (assumed) DOA CPU in your working Motherboard.

--
Joseph Tate