[TriLUG] Need Jobs, part 2

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 20 13:10:45 EDT 2018

It has been brought to my attention, more than once, actually, that my

I have been working as a Consultant, a Contractor, for quite a few
years, and so intend to keep on doing so, unless there is a very strong
reason not to do so.

Just to repeat part of my previous message, with enhancements:

Over the past several years, I have been working with non-profits,
semi-governmental agencies and small to medium-sized businesses, helping
in various ways, usually software-related.

Most of this software has been either directly related to internal or
external operations of the organization, generally providing a web-based
interface.  Other work has involved either teaching or doing sysadmin or
network administration work.

With the smallest organizations, I have tended to be Chief Cook and
Bottle-washer, dealing with everything from building machines, stringing
cable, training users and OS maintenance, as well as the software
development itself.

Languages include PHP, Python, a bit of PERL, HTML, CSS, C, Javascript,
jQuery, Laravel, Vuejs, Nodejs, and miscellaneous others.  I know that
some of those are not exactly languages, but you understand.

Databases have included PostgreSQL and MySQL ( including MariaDB ), with
Oracle in the distant past.

I have worked with both Debian-based and Red Hat ( CentOS ) systems,
although I tend to prefer Debian.  I have also worked with BSD ( OpenBSD
) and Solaris, although the latter, like Oracle, is a distant memory.

I am open to both small and larger projects, either individually or
joining a team.

Thank you,
Brian