[TriLUG] pilot now accepts ssh connections on port 443

Aaron Schrab via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Apr 26 21:05:04 EDT 2018

While making some other changes to the haproxy configuration that allows
legacy IP (IPv4) access to the trilug website, I managed to configure
that to also handle ssh connections to the https port, and forward those
to the ssh server on pilot. So that is now reachable via port 443 as
well as the usual port 22 when using IPv4.

This can help to access it from networks that are restricted to only
allowing outbound connections to web sites, such as the network at our
current meeting location.

ssh -4 -p 443 login.trilug.org

I haven't yet come across any IPv6-enabled networks where this would be
useful, so for now I haven't done the same for that.