[TriLUG] Need Grub help

Paul Boyle via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue May 1 20:44:02 EDT 2018

Thanks for the link Scott.

I got up to the part where it says to run grub2-install.  That failed, not surprisingly because this is an EFI system.  I followed the directions farther down regarding grub2-mkconfig.  I saw that the program found my kernel and initrd images.  When I tried to reboot it didn't work.  I found this page:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/GRUB_2

The bottom line from that page was don't use grub2-install on EFI systems.  There doesn't seem to be an analogous program for EFI system.  I tried a couple of time running grub2-config.  It could find the images, but couldn't boot.

I guess this will have to wait until I get back from vacation.  Thanks for your help.

Paul