[TriLUG] Microsoft is buying GitHub

Warren Myers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jun 4 10:50:41 EDT 2018

I see this as a good thing - just like the acquisition of LinkedIn was a
smart move.

As for linking LinkedIn and GitHub... well: if you claim to have a GitHub
repo, it's now a good opportunity to unify that view of your professional
self (if you even referenced it on LinkedIn, or care about your public
repos (I don't because there's nothing there relevant to my work)).

GitHub hasn't exactly been in the best financial position, and this news
should make *lots* of people very happy knowing their repos will continue
to be supported for a long time.

Add to that the - obvious - integration Visual Studio is going to leverage
more and better...and it's smart all around.

WMM