[TriLUG] Your message to TriLUG awaits moderator approval

Wes Garrison via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 7 12:24:41 EDT 2018

Sean, that is ostensibly why we have the Federal Universal Service Fund
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Service_Fund> (and the
corresponding fee on our phone bills).

Unfortunately, many of the ILECs have been allowed to take FUSF fees and
have not fulfilled their obligation to deploy rural broadband.

Of course the current FCC believes we have sufficient broadband competition.

Which is why I am trenching fiber through our neighborhood MYSELF.
Seriously.  I'm renting a walk-behind trencher from Home Depot and
trenching 7000 ft. of fiber.

Message me off-list for details (or we can start a new thread).

Back on topic, surely we can raise the limit to 1MiB or at least 200KiB or
something more reasonable.

-Wes

Wesley S. Garrison
Network Engineer
Xitech Communications, Inc.
phone:  (919) 260-0803
fax:       (919) 932-5051
"Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from email."