[TriLUG] Screen Capture: Debian

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 28 19:26:15 EDT 2018

It seems like it depends on the application that you're trying to
screenshot.
If the app's menus roll back up when they loose focus, as they do in chrome
or firefox, I'm not sure how you'd be able to make this work.
I guess if you can pre-select your area and set a timer so that you could
then drop your menu, that would work.
But I didn't notice that any of the suggestions could do that.

If the menu stays down when the app loses focus, like nautilus, then almost
any screenshot app that can select an area would work.
In that case I'd suggest scrot. It's quick, simple, and runs from the
command line.

-Lee