[TriLUG] Screen Capture: Debian

Lee Fickenscher via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 28 21:01:01 EDT 2018

Hey Roger,
Setting a time delay would only be one part of the solution to what Brian
is asking (as I read it).
It seems as though he wants to select only part of the screen, say just the
menu and enough area around it to provide context, WITHOUT having to
further crop the image.
In every case I've seen, selecting a sub-area requires a click and drag.
Some menu types don't seem to continue to display if you click elsewhere in
the window as you would when doing a sub-area selection.
I can't see how GIMP would accomplish this without, for example,
pre-selecting an area in addition to setting a timer.
I'm not aware that GIMP provides that but honestly, Perhaps GIMP does a
full screen shot with insta-crop so that it seems like a single operation?

-Lee