[TriLUG] OT: Windows Anti-Virus

Pete Soper via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Jul 22 09:58:12 EDT 2018

Don't ignore the security updates. On the one hand, having an unexpected delay with system shutdown/startup is surely on the short list of infuriating behaviors with Windows, it can be easy to put off updates for long periods, which can be hazardous.Pete
-------- Original message --------From: Matt Flyer via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> Date: 7/22/18  9:37 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: trilug at trilug.org Subject: [TriLUG] OT: Windows Anti-Virus
My wife bought a laptop and went with Windows, for now at least. I’m proud to say that it has been several years since I’ve had a M$ based machine and I haven’t had to deal with the requisite bullspit. Aside from all the bloatware that they’re making harder, if not impossible like their stupid VR program suite, to get rid of, there is the age old issue of Anti-Virus protection.

It’s been so long since I’ve paid attention to the issue but are there any good free ones? Or is it better to pay for one or another?

It looks like the age old players, Avira, Avast, AVG, etc are still around. Is there one that the group would recommend?

Sent from my iPad
--
This message was sent to: Pete Soper <pete at soper.us>