[TriLUG] Vexing Command Line problem

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 31 15:03:58 EDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-07-31 at 14:51 -0400, Ron Kelley via TriLUG wrote:
> Try changing the symlink for python to the full path. Or, call
> python2 as
> part of your script directly. I suspect the symlink to python is
> causing
> the problem.

I was thinking the same thing, but I noticed that his call to bnrun
failed too and that looks like it is a physical file, not a link.

One thing that this does remind me of is that, on some distributions at
least, if you try to execute a root level file without root privileges
is that even if it really does exist you still get the error No such
file or directory.  For grins and giggles, I would try running one of
these executables as root and see if it gets a different result.