[TriLUG] Vexing Command Line problem

Paul Boyle via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 31 15:21:39 EDT 2018

On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 14:48:00 -0400
Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel at gmail.com> wrote:
>       Does the program use your path or it sets it up on its own? If
> the former, what doe
>
> echo $PATH
>
> look like?

As at test I did put /usr/local/bn/bin into my $path (and I did verify
it with an echo command) before I posted to the group.

I should add there is a symlink:

/usr/local/bin/bnrun -> /usr/local/bn/bin/bnrun

It is in the bnrun script in which 'env' is called (and gave me the
initial error message about no file or directory).

With regard to Ron Kelley's replies,  I really hate to mess with this
software when it's working on the other machines.  As a test, I get the
same error when I try to execute the vendor's custom python directly.
See:

bruker:/~% ls -l /usr/local/bn/bin/python2.7
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1629315 Jan 31 17:13 /usr/local/bn/bin/python2.7
bruker:/~% /usr/local/bn/bin/python2.7
/usr/local/bn/bin/python2.7: Command not found.
bruker:/~%

So, even with bypassing the symlinks, the problem persists.

Paul

--
Paul D. Boyle, Ph. D.
Manager, X-ray Facility