[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

Charles Fischer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 5 13:58:07 EDT 2018

I think Apple used one of the BSDs for their Mac OS, not Linux.  Small nit
pick.

As for moving to FOSS, I would pick expensive back office software to
replace first.  Why anybody starts a project with Microsoft's SQL is beyond
my capability to understand.  There are at least three open source
databases that can replace Microsoft SQL.  I would also go after most if
not all of the Microsoft Servers.  Expect a lot of push back from those who
only know Microsoft.  Expect help from those who run Linux at home.

Good luck,
Charles Fischer