[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

Kristopher Kane via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 5 15:34:36 EDT 2018

I worked for the DoD for a long time and used a range of software from
MSSQL to Apache Hadoop on CentOS.

I assume here you are referring to picking Linux for desktop/server OS vs
Windows.  If so, you are trying to solve the money saving problem from a
very insignificant vector.   The part of the government I was in was full
of good people who picked the right hammer for the nail in front of them.
 I'd argue that what you are referring to is already being done in the
places where the ideal fits and those fitting pieces will evolve over time.

Kris