[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

Kenneth Parker via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Sep 5 21:37:19 EDT 2018

The only thing I'll mention, is a Sense of Perspective.  I am a Computer
Consultant, retired, but often suggested to companies that, if they wish to
fill a room with people, and computer systems, Windows = Expensive
(Hardware and Licensing Costs, mainly).  Linux = MUCH Less (Hardware costs
only).  Hardware can be lower powered, since Windows has a high Resource
Usage.  Company or Organization can have one Prototype made by a Hardware
Firm, and loaded with, say, Debian 9 (or Ubuntu) and LibreOffice.  Specific
Requirements are often met in the Open Source World.  Once the Prototype is
approved, the Hardware can be mass-produced, and a special Linux Option can
be used to do Unattended Installs.

I don't know if this works for you, Tim, but I would be happy to get
together with you to discuss further.

Kenneth Parker