[TriLUG] ROI moving gov to Linux?

Warren Myers via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Sep 6 11:55:29 EDT 2018

Because SQL Server is better than Oracle, DB2, and Sybase - that's why :)

Plus, with built-in tie-ins to Visual Studio, AD, etc, it's a simple
choice for many organizations.

The only FLOSS DB that can really compete with SQL Server is PostgreSQL
(I know about MySQL and MariaDB - they are different beasts). And if you
don't already have the expertise on it, it's going to be a lot cheaper
to just leverage all your SQL Server DBAs and devs than to find ones who
can work with pgsql

---
Warren Myers