[TriLUG] Laptop and 18.04 LTS

John via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sun Sep 30 14:49:32 EDT 2018

I have a similar issue with my daily driver latptop. I found updating my
/etc/default/grub to reflect the below and running 'sudo update-grub'
fixed the issue on reboot.

"""
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash amdgpu.si_support=1
radeon.si_support=0 acpi_osi=linux acpi_backlight=video"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=""

"""