[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 3419, Issue 1

mver via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Nov 10 17:38:03 EST 2018

On 2018-11-08 12:00, via TriLUG wrote:
> From: "Lance A. Brown via TriLUG" <trilug at trilug.org> To:
> trilug at trilug.org Subject: Re: [TriLUG] certificates Message-ID:
> <befb674d-f1c4-8874-75ce-bfdd70c6e2ff at bearcircle.net> Content-Type:
> text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed mver via TriLUG wrote on
> 11/7/2018 8:29 PM:
>> Do I want a free certificate from Comodo (with a yard of terms to be
>> agreed to)?
>>
>> Is there another free source?
>>
>> Have I asked the right questions?
>>
> https://letsencrypt.org/ is your friend.

With thanks to Lance Brown.

But after the fact, I realized I was asking the wrong question: What I
wanted was not a server certificate, but file (and email) encryption and
electronic signatures. Since I use Thunderbird as an email client, I got
those features by installing Enigmail, which creates signature pairs and
stores them for use within the t-bird system.

--
Please "trim the tail" from a reply so that messages do not become super long.
Leave only what is required for context.