[TriLUG] new "feature" in Thunderbird on Ubuntu 18.04

Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Nov 15 17:28:29 EST 2018

I don't understand the browser part of this. Thought you are using tbird
client. More, below.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB at bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com

On 11/15/18 5:08 PM, Pete Soper via TriLUG wrote:
> On 11/15/18 4:52 PM, Roger W. Broseus via TriLUG wrote:
>
>> Ideas:
>>
>> Have you tried to send in another fashion, e.g, from a gmail account?
> Mail from any other computer, phone, etc, is not affected. No address
> book in use.
>> If the address is being recalled from an address book, enter the
>> address by hand
>> Set up a new user account and a new user therein. See if you can send.
> Aha. I have a biz email account in the same browser and setting the
> "from" to that address prevents a message to that same address from
> getting through. It fails with the same symptoms. So my guess that this
> is a new "feature" might be right. If this turns out to the be the case
> I hope it can be disabled.
I had a problem with Verizon if my "from" address was different from my
registered email address. Emails were rejected by their smtp server. SO, I
just gave up on them. My personal email is with my hosting service, bluehost,
and I use their smtp server. Maybe the problem is not with Tburd?