[TriLUG] Have jobs - Cloud Engineer and more @ Cisco

Christopher Baldwin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Nov 16 15:34:07 EST 2018

Hi,

My team at Cisco is hiring for a few positions - we're looking for software
architects, software engineers, and Cloud Engineers (DevOps w/ background
in VMware & automation).

The posting for the Cloud Engineer spot (in RTP) is here:
https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/Cloud-Infrastructure-Engineer/1246226
, and it involves settings up VMware stacks on Hyperflex clusters,
automating (birth to death) VM provisioning and management, and doing this
on remote sites. The RTP spot is for a team lead. There are two other
openings with similar responsibilities (San Jose & Bangalore, India) I can
link to if you or someone you know are interested in it, and they'll
eventually be part of the team.

If you're interested in the software architect position - that posting is
coming soon, and it'll focus on building a framework that enables end users
to consume services from infrastructure teams. I can share more about the
overall project (I'm the newly minted PO there, and we're playing with some
neat stuff) if you have questions. The software engineer positions are in
the same vein - postings coming soon, working on this project or something
similar within Cisco's Global Information Services group (internal IT).
AFAIK, these are all in RTP.

More listings can be found here, but I can't tell you too much more than
what's posted (and I really wish they'd expand in the "what you'll do"
section... some of these are lacking):
https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/SearchJobs/?3_109_3=%5B%22169482%22%5D&3_143_3=%5B%2212229472%22%5D&3_19_3=%5B%22163%22%5D&3_12_3=%5B%22191%22%5D
.

-Chris