[TriLUG] Ancient anti piracy technique that wiped all data

Ric Moore via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Nov 21 02:01:28 EST 2018

On 11/20/18 2:02 PM, Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG wrote:
> History lesson time: I read a while ago about a program (think Apple
> II times) that, if it thought you had pirated it, it would write a
> message on the lines of "the fruits of your actions bear sour. Now
> wiping all you disks" and try to erase all drives it could find. Which
> program was that?

I had Locksmith and the other one, I forget it's name. Both pirated.
Both worked a charm. Yoho! I had quite a reputation for being a pirate
back when. Now, with Linux I can install all the things! (...and not
risk jail)  Captain Ric
(one of the founders of Thieves & Assassins Guild - T.A.G.)

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html