[TriLUG] Video Editing

Ric Moore via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Nov 29 10:48:04 EST 2018

On 11/27/18 9:51 PM, Kristopher Kane via TriLUG wrote:
> Does anyone do video editing on Linux as their primary video editing
> method?  I'm aware of the different software available but I'm never
> able to make them work - and I mean they typically hard crash.
>
> I'd like to get a System76 machine but if video editing is just not
> there then it is on to a MacBook.  I feel like this is probably the
> case.
>
> Please let me know what you use if you do a large amount of
> editing/transcoding.

It's older than dirt, but I like  Kino. It's SIMPLE! You do have to use
the command line "padsp kino" so pulse is invoked for the audio, when
kino expects to find /dev/snd

I would love for kino to be upgraded to use multicores and faster
algorithms. If all you want it to edit an existing video (cut and/or
paste), it is dead simple to use. I just turned 69, simple is better.
But, if you need to create a video from merged video and audio tracks,
kdelive works just fine.

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html