[TriLUG] Plasma Mobile (was Re: Android OS replacement)

John Franklin via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Dec 1 10:19:03 EST 2018

On Dec 1, 2018, at 8:23 AM, via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Good news. The Oneplus One is still very much supported by the ROM community.
> If you want Android, I would suggest LineageOS https://lineageos.org/ which you can download from here:
> https://download.lineageos.org/bacon
>
> Or if you are feeling adventurous there is Ubuntu Touch https://ubports.com/ which you can download here:
> https://devices.ubuntu-touch.io/device/bacon

I installed Plasma Mobile on a Nexus 5 a couple years ago.  Performance and stability were miserable, so I reinstalled Android on it.  That said, it looked promising, if those two (rather important!) things ever got fixed.

Has anyone played with it in the last year or so?  Has it gotten better or is a Nexus 5 just too old / lightweight for a KDE-based OS?

jf
--
John Franklin
franklin at elfie.org