[TriLUG] Ideas for Replacing Home Office Workhorse Computer?

Brian Henning via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 7 10:05:39 EST 2019

> I've had [a shorted USB port killing a laptop] happen to me in the past.

I can hardly argue with experience!  I figured it should be hard to separate the "finger" from its plastic substrate with a blunt object, but I hadn't considered the plastic bit getting broken.  Maybe you're right about the current not being sensed if it's not flowing through both USB power pins.  I stand by my statement that that's a really bad design, though!

-B

<snip>