[TriLUG] userns

Scott Chilcote via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 21 11:41:06 EST 2019

For those offering alternatives, I'd suggest taking a closer look at
Brave.  I have only used it on Android, but I've found it very helpful
for looking at websites that are all but unusable on my phone
otherwise.  Local news and weather sites that were particularly prone to
popup window scams (you have 11 viruses!) behave themselves.

The people behind Brave are very serious about browser security, and
make emphatic claims that you are not the product when using their
browser.  Looking at their business model, I'm not sold that their
approach is viable.  Their intent is to replace website advertising with
their own.  I suspect that it's not going to hold up against a legal
challenge.
For the near term, at least, they provide a very clean and relatively
secure browser experience. At least on Android...

Scott C.

--
Scott Chilcote
scottchilcote at ncrrbiz.com