[TriLUG] Cyclades terminal server

Mike Viscount via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Jan 21 12:45:03 EST 2019

Ahhhhh ... the good ole' days ... :-)

Back around 2003/4 I configured/connected one in a data center for remote
console access and don't remember all the details off the top of my head
but do remember it as being fairly straight forward.

cyclades terminal server connected to network
serial ports connected to physical servers via rs232 serial ports
ssh into the cyclades and end up with prompt

I do remember it as you said ... ssh to port xxx1 would get you to the
console of the server connected to rs232 port 1
I also remember a menu driven system that you could also use where you
could set up server names (or whatever) so you didn't have to rememeber
what port a server was connected to.

So, as Ron said/asked - what exactly is the error/problem you're
getting/having?  If you're having an ssh connection to the cyclades problem
try enabling debugging mode on the ssh client side with -v option and
multiple "v"s to get higher levels of debugging .... eg; ssh -v
cyclade_server or ssh -vv .... -vvv .... ... etc.  I think you can go up to
3 or 4 levels of debugging.

Mike