[TriLUG] Mechanical Keyboard Repair?

Scott Thomas via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jan 25 08:44:25 EST 2019

I wanted to see if anyone has any experience in replacing a cherry mx switch in a mechanical keyboard. I have a Logitech G710+ that the '3' key on the main part of the keyboard had stopped working and I'm not the best with the soldering iron, and have never desoldered anything in my life. To make it even more complicated, is that the key has an added white LED.
I haven't purchased a replacement switch yet, as I wanted to see if anyone had experience and would either be willing to do the repair for me, or assist me. I'd be willing to pay, of course, as the keyboard is quite pricey to replace.
Scott