[TriLUG] REQUEST: Spam notifications

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Mar 26 09:05:38 EDT 2019

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 08:38:38 -0400
Matt Whitlow via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:

> I haven't received anything suspicious.

neither have I :)

Spam is all but dead...

I use a combination of these block lists:

http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/

and then I assign a score to each ipv4 sending server, if the score
exceeds x then marked as spam - if it exceeds y - it is
dropped/refused/etc for example, Backscatterer.org listing earns you 50
points, Ascams.com listing earns you 30 points, SpamCop earns you 55
points, SORBS earns you 10 points, etc etc.

If I ever receive spam, I have an semi automated system of reporting
the same spam to many many different RBL/DNSBL/etc (some reporting and
most non reporting) - each of these have their own methods, systems,
protocol for handling abuse. I also report it to the AS/abuse-c/etc for
the ipv resource

It has happened that spam does not stop, from some 'bullet proof'
places, but a simple drop on the pix/incoming router and I never see
that/those ranges again...

hth

Andre