[TriLUG] Debugging webcams

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Apr 3 12:00:07 EDT 2019

 I recently purchased and fired up a Pine Rock64, and I have run into multiple issues that end up being ARM 64bit issues. The software world has not caught up to the 64bit processing for ARM processors yet. It may be you have to trudge through it with the individual software you are trying to use. See if the software projects you need are up to date on some of these issues. You might need to recompile some of the latest or even beta releases. Seems like VLC may already have resolved these issues for your hardware. Meaning the drivers and everything seem to be fine, so that points to the individual software yo are trying to use.
I would start by looking at those software packages dev sites.
John Vaughters