[TriLUG] Changing slashes to backslashes in prompt

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Apr 19 16:59:51 EDT 2019

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019, Bick via TriLUG wrote:

> I am reading through a Linux book right now and one of the exercises in the
> chapter about environment variables is to make the prompt look more Windows
> like.  Specifically, I am supposed to make the prompt display C:\directory.

I'm sorry that someone is asking you to do this.

It indicates to me that someone thinks Linux is a cheap way to get Windows
functionality, rather than a well designed system that stands on its own.

I hope you don't wind up in a job where someone wants you to do this.

Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml