[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 3525, Issue 1

John Vaughters via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jun 7 13:56:56 EDT 2019

 Matthew,

Trying run-level 3 is your first step. I have had multiple upgrades in my Linux life wack out the X configuration. It happened recently and I seem to remember deleting the X config file and let the system rebuild the file. In any case if you can get to the console from user-level 3 log in and run "startx" to see what happens. Check logs and so on. There are two things that have failed for me in this area. The login X session got wacked or the main X session got wacked. I have dealt with both and in most cases it is an X config issue.
Good Luck!
John Vaughters