[TriLUG] Have a Job: Developer at Duke Unviersity Libraries

Jack Hill via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Thu Jun 13 16:27:50 EDT 2019

Hi TriLUG!

Duke University Libraries is hiring a developer [0] to primary work on our
cataloging, acquisitions, and circulation system. We are currently in the
midst of migrating from a monolithic proprietary system to one that is
modular, distributed under a free software license, and jointly developed
by libraries and industry [1]. This is a really exciting project to free a
key part of our infrastructure.

As you might imagine a project to implement modular software for business
operations is a sprawling project, so we're looking for someone who has
the interest, patience, or experience for that sort of thing.

I'm really enjoying my time at Duke University Libraries. My colleagues are
great, and it is awesome to be able to work with both IT people and those
doing research in the humanities and sciences. Our offices are in the
middle of Duke's West Campus, so there are plenty of food, cultural, and
natural amenities right out our doors.

If you're interested, I hope you apply. If you're not interested, I hope
you forward this to other people who might be.

Thanks,
Jack

[0] https://library.duke.edu/about/jobs/foliosrdeveloper
[1] https://dev.folio.org/