[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Tue Jul 9 12:37:59 EDT 2019

I have also, in my "professional" life, run into issues, particularly
with e-mail delivery to various servers, where there are missing PTR
records or that the machine is sending e-mail from an IPv6 address and
the only PTR record is IPv4.

I think that we need to have a conversation with the owner of the IP
addresses assigned to pilort in particular, and correct the RFC 1918
situation, since we have both a publically visible IPv4 address and a
publically visible IPv6 address, and resolve the PTR situation.

Doing a quick check shows me that the IPv6 resolves in both directions,
but the IPv4 does not.  Traceroute6 does run into problems, but that is
probably relatively minor, since ssh -6 access is fine..

Brian