[TriLUG] recent "Poor Reputation Sender" bounces

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Jul 19 05:43:07 EDT 2019

There are many different types of blacklists... the main differences
are reporting or non reporting and auto de-listing or manual de-listing
some blacklists are also 'permanent' (like senderscore) or transient or
temporary, etc. Then, there are blacklists where the protocol (methods)
turn them into sometimes reporting sometimes auto de-listing and
sometimes permanent. Some are combination lists (combining data from
multiple individual lists) and some work in weird and wonderful ways

"public" relayers (@yahoo @gmail etc) have many spammers @gmail or
@yahoo and manage there outgoing que and their incoming que's very
differently to a hosting provider with 1000 domains receiving or even
sending on a single ipv4 resource (or multiple redundant resources)

Companies like Yahoo, Microsoft and Google also all have their own
"rules" for getting listed, getting re-evaluated and/or getting blocked
Some of the large companies also use (and some even share) abuse data
Some are very paranoid about their data...