[TriLUG] PHP and XDebug help?

ac via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Sat Aug 3 02:55:16 EDT 2019

On Fri, 2 Aug 2019 14:29:53 -0400
Brian McCullough via TriLUG <trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
> Greetings Group!
> I am trying to understand the flow of some code that I inherited, and
> thought of using XDebug.  The previous programmer had some
> "interesting" ideas and practices, so I am finding it hard going.
> ( interesting as in Chinese curse )
> Does anybody have a decent ( or even good ) tutorial for XDebug,
> particularly for tracing PHP logic?
> Thank you,
> Brian

Some php code is spaghetti, literally. imho, what happens many times is
something that was supposed to only be a quick 200 lines turns
out to be multi script and thousands of lines, sometimes worked on by
ten or more different people - each adding their own 'unique' fix to
the overall logic - result - pasta... - best advice: decline politely or quote
to remake... :)

hth

Andre