[TriLUG] Semi OT: Looking for a used Android phone

Joseph Mack NA3T via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Aug 9 16:00:05 EDT 2019

I understand the problem with buying off Craigslist etc, is that you have to
take the owner to the store of your cell phone provider, with the phone, to get
the old owner to sign over the MIE to you. If I move it to a provider different
to the one used by the current owner, do they have to unlock it from their old
provider first?

Is it practical to buy a used Android off Craigslist, or should I just buy a
Certified Used one from Samsung off Amazon?

Thanks Joe

jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant
map generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml