[TriLUG] Financial Status (The pizza email)

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Fri Aug 9 20:56:16 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 03:34:26PM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG wrote:
>
> >     For the past many months, TriLUG has been running at a deficit.
> >Although we have had meeting sponsors before, they have been few and
> >far between. So we had to rely on the donations we have received in
> >the "The Bucket" we place every meeting by the pizzas and the credit
> >card donations to cover our meeting expenses (Pizzas and Drinks).
> >
> >We are asking for your help in solving this issue.
>
> I'm happy to to my part, although I'm afraid that is only by making sure I
> cover my costs in the bucket rather than secure outside funding.
>
> How much does a slice a pizza cost the club? Know that, I can make sure I
> cover my slices plus a few extra.

Thank you for the question, Jack.

Thanks to various discounts that we receive, our cost is approximately
$1 per slice for the pizza alone.  Drinks, ice, cups and various other
items are extra.

For a long time, we have suggested that the minimum price for a "Meeting
Sponsor" is $300, which is not a lot above our costs for a meeting such
as last night.

> Best,
> Jack

Brian