[TriLUG] Financial Status (The pizza email)

Brian McCullough via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Aug 14 08:21:32 EDT 2019

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 07:10:09AM -0400, Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 2:55 PM Mauricio Tavares via TriLUG <
> trilug at trilug.org> wrote:
>
> >       For the past many months, TriLUG has been running at a deficit.
> > Although we have had meeting sponsors before, they have been few and
> > far between. So we had to rely on the donations we have received in
> > the "The Bucket" we place every meeting by the pizzas and the credit
> > card donations to cover our meeting expenses (Pizzas and Drinks).
> > Since the beginning of the year, the amount that we have collected in
> > "The Bucket"+card has only covered a small portion of those expenses,
> > the rest being taken from the TriLUG financial reserves. As those
> > reserves stand, unless something happens we will have to deploy some
> > Pizza Austerity Measures.
>
> Is the issue that there's not enough attendees to meetings to cover pizza
> (if they chipped in), or that attendance is good, but people don't
> contribute?

Good morning John,

Attendence has definitely fallen off from the heady days of RTI and
hanging from the walls.

I am not the one counting heads at meetings, but according the the
Meetup attendence counts, we are running somewhere around two dozen
people at each meeting.  We have tried to adjust the pizza count
accordingly, but are not perfect in many ways.

Brian