[TriLUG] Cable modem / Router recommendations

Matt Flyer via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Mon Dec 2 09:46:31 EST 2019

Reminds me of the time that I had inbound traffic on my TWC access
point with RFC1918 addresses.  I went round and round with their
support people who insisted that this wasn't possible and that it had
to be MY traffic.

I went as far as to show that I had no devices or VLAN configured in
the range in question.  I then engaged in packet capturing showing the
traffic as inbound on the WAN port with the TWC modem MAC address in
the packet header.

Round and round we went, but finally they did something about it.