[TriLUG] Linux tools for partition/file retrieval

Matthew Glassman via TriLUG trilug at trilug.org
Wed Dec 25 20:40:00 EST 2019

I have a windows SSD that I am trying to recover partition/data from.  The partition and files  may be corrupted. I can not (that is do NOT want to) write to the SSD. What tools are out there that would allow me to work with the filesystem and partitions to check for corruption, correct the issue/undelete  and then pull data off of this.

I was thinking of dd from the external to a separate  hard drive and work with that (maybe fsck?). I have testdisk, photorec and scalpel installed but they haven’t seemed to do what I need.